COVID-19 on campus: numbers drop

This+graphic+depicts+the+rate+and+number+of+COVID-19+cases+on+campus+as+well+as+other+statistics+regarding+the+ongoing+pandemic.+

Gabi Cummings

This graphic depicts the rate and number of COVID-19 cases on campus as well as other statistics regarding the ongoing pandemic.

ELIZABETH KELSEY, News Editor

The prevalence of COVID-19 on the UNI campus, as detected by  Student Health Center testing, dropped slightly last week, according to data released Friday, April 9 at noon.

The 65 tests conducted from April 5-11 through the Student Health Center resulted in 10 positive cases, for a 15.38% campus positivity rate, as compared to 17 cases and a 18.28% positivity rate recorded during the week of March 29-April 4.

The positivity rate may change slightly today when the Student Health Center updates last week’s data to include any tests conducted on Friday.

Since the end-of-week updates only include data collected through Thursday, Friday numbers are added to the weekly total by noon on the following Monday and are therefore not included in the NI’s weekly analysis.

The university also reported 13 self-reported cases of COVID-19 from March 29-April 4. However, these self-reported cases may also be counted in the Student Health Center weekly totals and therefore, the numbers cannot be combined for a grand total.

See p. 1 for more pandemic-related coverage about UNI’s upcoming COVID-19 vaccine clinics to be held this week.