Presidential burglary

Suspect caught on Ring camera
The image above captured the suspect on Mook’s Ring camera around 1:19 a.m.

The French Fry is completely satire. Any resemblance to any real person is completely coincidental. The statements in the French Fry do not reflect the views of the Northern Iowan, nor do they reflect the views of the advertisements outside of this insert. 

In the early hours of April 2, University President Nark Mook’s Ring doorbell camera captured the startling image above — an intruder breaking into his home.

As shown in the footage captured and later obtained by UNIPD, the intruder has dark fur, pointy black ears and a big long nose. UNIPD and Cedar Falls police are on the lookout for the suspect.

According to police, the suspect picked the lock of the Mook residence around 1 a.m. Tuesday morning. It is unclear exactly what took place inside the home. However, the Mooks found scratch marks in their couch and reported two cans of tuna fish missing from their pantry. The Ring footage shows that the intruder left the residence at 1:19 a.m.

“We’re taking this bizarre burglary very seriously,” said UNI Chief of Police Ben Bustin. “Who knows whose seafood supply could be next? We’re using all of our forces to investigate, and we encourage anyone who may be able to identify this suspect to come forward with information.”

Both Rialto and Piazza dining halls have increased the surveillance measures in case the pointy-eared suspect strikes again. They will have increased police presence at Piazza later this week at fish stick night in hopes of catching the suspect red-handed — or perhaps red-pawed.

This story is part of an ongoing investigation.